Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A week in the life.........

Hey friends, I just wanted to share a bit of the last week with you.  It's been quite the kick.  The week finished off with 2 completed kitchens, two new contracts, the most elaborate cooking storage boxes EVER, a showing at First Thursday, and continued negociations with the lease of the new PORC headquarters.

One of the great joys of my job is in fact my variety.  No Shortage this week......

So the new shop has a bit to go as far as terms, and with build out, but right after I took this picture the owner pulled the For Rent sign from the window.




Thanks to the good folk at The Prem Group, I got to feature a funky table for their final 2010 First Thursday.  The table was a hit!  I made it from recycled plywood cutoffs, and a REALLY cool slab of Sycamore that's been air drying for about 3 years.






I am happy to announce the conclusion of a kitchen that has consumed a heck of a lot of time over the last 9 months.  We have a happy homeowner, and a beautiful finished project.  The doors for this job are a one of a kind.  I had the door profile made just for the owner.  Very classic, but with a unique twist.  14" crown build up topped off the cabinets all around the kitchen.





And you tell me who you know that has two dovetailed mahogany boxes to store your cast iron Dutch Oven cookers!  These baby's with cookers inside can not only feed an army but you can use them to hold down a tent on a windy day.



Stay tuned for more fun and quality literature from the good guy over in PORC-land.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Variety is right. As I am contemplating building new kitchen cabinets, I am most interested in those photos. Nice doors, drawer profile and crown. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Jeff! Have a look at the post right before this as well. You can see the doors being made. I had about 1000 feet of the door material made by a local mill shop. As far as I know they are one of a kind. If I had to do it again, I would have used 5/4 material or barrel hinges. The 35 euros barely worked, because the profile is just over 1/2". I had to use great care and under drill them to get the hinges to not blow through the front of the door. Uggg, that would have been a pain.

    Thanks again for the note! You are MORE than qualified to do your kitchen. Keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete