Wednesday, April 18, 2012

We're headed East

Hi there PORC fans,

I know posts have been few and far between. I offer my apologies for that. I've been slammed getting everything together and finished for my upcoming trip to Colorado. I leave Saturday with trailer in tow full of a dinning table, sideboard, TV cabinet, fireplace mantle, office furniture, kitchen cabs, some bedroom stuff, and a fully loaded caffeine cooler.

The job has been full of challenges, mainly because it's 1100 miles away. By far my most long distance job thus far that requires my install.

Just two weeks ago I had a spotless shop ready for a party. Today, I look around and see piles of sawdust, and 80% finished furniture and cabinets everywhere. Franky, it's a bit over whelming. I have to step back and finish one little piece at a time. Set drawer fronts here, hang doors there, and mill up a few do-dads and thing-a-ma-gigs here and there.






I wish my photo skills had a bit more awesomeness, as I would have shared the progress, but no luck. Lots of stuff awaiting my attention. Anyhow.......... Below is the current view of the shop as I write today's post. I will try to shoot a few pics as install progresses. Until then............. Thanks for stopping in.

Cheers.

7 comments:

  1. Nice work all around. I especially like the second photo and I am jealous of your large, messy shop. :) good luck with the install!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Jason. There's a lot to chew on there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool stuff, where in Colorado?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jason,

    I found your website while I was looking for pictures of fir cabinets online. We have an old Craftsman style home with fir floors, cabinets, trim, etc., but we need to put a new kitchen in fir to match existing. Do you have any more photos you could post of those fir cabinets? I have never seen anything so beautiful and they are exactly what I want for our kitchen. Unfortunately, we live in Illinois so we are too far to use your services. I do have an expert carpenter who is going to fabricate our cabinets and I emailed the photo from the website to him. If this is not something you can do, no worries. You have no idea how excited I was to at least see a photo of what I have been dreaming about.

    Denise Steinberg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the kind words. James, I'm in Ft. Collins, Boulder, and now up to Estes Park. We've lucked out with perfect weather and a great trip!

    @Denise. THANK YOU so much for the kind note. I've got several I can send to you. Can you please send me your email address and I will send them in a personal message. I spent 10 years in Chicago and can imagine the exact house you speak of. I will be out in your area late summer, perhaps I can deliver some new cabinets at the same time. :) I look forward to hearing again from you.

    jason@planesofreference.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jason,

    As luck would have it our carpenter has bowed out of the cabinet making part of our job just yesterday due to time constraints and we were broken hearted and freaking out trying to figure out how to get our cabinets made. If you are serious about this maybe we can work something out. We are sending you some photos of the existing china cabinet/buffet in the dining room, exterior photos, and other photos with interior details. The house is located in Grand Beach, Michigan, between Michigan City Indiana and New Buffalo, MI; it was built in 1919 and we have owned it for 17 years. We are now just renovating and restoring it and feel so strongly about period details like cabinets. The kitchen is approximately 20 x 11. Thank you so much for responding.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. My email is dss0782@yahoo.com

    Denise

    ReplyDelete